LOVELAND HOUSE HAS OPENINGS FOR 2 RESIDENTS!
Loveland House is a private pay, co-ed group home with rooms for seven residents. In the home, highly trained professional supervisors teach residents skills such as meal preparation, laundry, housekeeping, money management, and personal shopping. Activities that the residents participate in include Special Olympics, bocce, bowling, boat trips, museum visits, picnics, and dining out.
In addition, respite care is available to give non-residents a chance to experience residential living outside the family home. Respite stays may be arranged for an evening or up to a month. For more information, contact Janis Alberti, Vice President of Student Services, at 941-493-0016, ext. 302, or email her at
This is a private pay group home that provides all the following for the low monthly cost of $2,400:
- Each resident has his or her own bedroom.
- Twenty-four hour staff supervision and support
- Residents are responsible for the upkeep of their individual bedrooms and common areas.
- Dietary menu planning
- Residents help with meal preparation and cooking.
- Weekends – residents choose their activities (shop, eat out, attend church, watch TV, etc.)
- Monthly inspections by state for health and safety.
- Transportation to Special Olympics practice & events.
- Transportation to and from the ADT
(Monday – Friday).
- Monthly meetings held with residents to discuss plans and/or other issues in the home.
- Residents attend Van Wezel, Players Theatre, and the Venice Little Theatre for 6 or more performances a year.
- Respite services (overnight, weekend, weekly): provided for other students. Room available for one male and one female.
- Assist residents with medical & dental appointments; providing transportation, if necessary.
- Disaster Planning for use of shelters and/or Loveland Center
- Liaison with family members